Sunday, July 18, 2010

The people who matter in a life time

I have been thinking for awhile about the people who matter in my life. I have been thinking about all the people who are worth their salt and the people who I just can't keep around. There are some people I wish I could have in my life more, for instance--my dad.
I cut my dad out of my life seven moths ago and it has been great for me. I am happier, healthier and definitely less stressed. I am enjoying the drama-free zone and I feel comfortable because for once in my life I am calling the shots in our relationship. And right now, it's game is over. I do know that I am enjoying the break. He had been rough on me my entire life. He doesn't treat me well or come to see me when he says he will. He was repeating the same behavior with my kids. I can't have him treat them the way he treated me. They are too important to be treated like garbage. He treats me like garbage and I SO deserve better.
So... as I have found happy results with the lack o'dad in my life I am looking for other people who bring me down. I am looking for others who even though I love them or are friends with them or whatever with them, are just not deserving to be in my life. I want to surround myself with the best, drama free, nicest, fun, kind people. I am sick of "friends" who put me down. I am sick of people who just need and need and never reciprocate.
It's so refreshing to delete that person from my phone, unfriend them on facebook or just ignore the call. I deserve the best. I am an awesome person and if they can't see that then it's their loss! I challenge you to evaluate your relationships in life and try to fix, med, refashion or terminate them. Let's all be happy. Let's help each other out and spread the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment